Re: President Elect

The position of president-elect is documented in the May 12, 2003 bylaws available at:

http://www.irises.org/pdf/AISbylaws6_04_03.pdf

The purpose of the president-elect position was to confer some additional authority, so that the person could talk with potential committee chairs and other positions with something more than "I would like for you to ....  I am first vice-president and they usually get elected president (but not always) so just in case I do would you be willing to ...?"

Gerry