Re: President Elect

All,

I certainly agree that Gary White is eminently qualified to become our next president.

My copy of the Bylaws (October 15, 1997) does not have this provision regarding a President-elect in it.  Can someone enlighten me as to when this came about and why?  AIS is a non-profit corporation and as such the board of directors elects its officers for one-year terms with the president serving not more than three consecutive one-year terms.  When I was "elected" as President-elect I didn't understand why then and still don't.  I didn't do anything different than serving as first vice-president.  ???  Just asking...

Jim Morris
President
American Iris Society