Minutes

To me this discussion is embarrassing. If we cannot correct a few typos and
grammar what are we as a board capable of doing.

As far as being hit over the head trying to prevent changing them because of
Roberts Rules I suggest this is a poor interpretation. If we followed
Robertbs Rules to their letter we would have the minutes of each meeting
provided at the end of that meeting and approved then. Robertbs rules
understands that that brequirementb is not always feasible and mentions
that minutes can be approved a week or month latter by a committee, if that is
an only option, but it also states that 6 months is way too long.

Obviously AIS has not followed Robertbs Rules (RR) to the letter on this
point for as long as I can remember. And for good reason, RR uses common sense
and expects that boards would do so also. It is obviously true that it is
unreasonable for the AIS to get their minutes out in one day or one month. It
is too much to expect of volunteers. But common sense also says it is not
unreasonable to correct typos etc. if there is no change in meaning.

There are huge problems confronting non-profit associations and societies.
Indeed despite all the changes we have made in the last eight years and our
temporary halt in the membership slide we could disappear along with many
other plant societies in the next 5 years. Although I think it is possible to
survive and even prosper, it will not be accomplished discussing typos. --R
Pries