From: "John Jones" <100h@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:58:52 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] AIS Website

Actually I had not designed a new layout yet. It is difficult to architect a navigation scheme and I thought it better to know that a new scheme could be implemented before spending the effort to research and design a new architecture. Additionally, until the revision of the layout is undertaken we cannot know for sure how many additional items we could have.

When we first did the new website design the Board reviewed and approved the navigation architecture. I intend to go through the same process of soliciting input, presenting, and iterating as often as needed until the board is satisfied that the navigation it what they want. There will never be an architecture that satisfies everyone. I pay attention to critics, obviously, or I would not have embarked on this process. It is also true that people that are satisfied with something rarely say so. The ones that are unhappy speak up (or at least we hope they do). It is the negative comments that prompt us to consider the issues, make revisions and try to get better. That is not to say that there should be a knee-jerk reaction to anything, but rather a considered response.

There  is no hidden agenda here.

Thanks

John
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536