Re: Election of AIS Directors

The issue of sending a ballot to the membership is not really one of
expense or motives.
It's about rights and obligations.
Regardless of the circumstances, the bylaws are clear that a petition, duly
made, signed and submitted, triggers a ballot to the membership.
Members have that right, and the Board has the obligation of carrying out
the procedures stated in the by-laws.

If the root cause is the a potential expansion of the definition of
ex-oficio board members, which I believe should be studied, that is a
separate issue.

As in voting the AIS ballot, personal feelings must be set aside.  We, as
board members, are obligated to follow our own rules.  And the membership
has the right to hold us to those rules.