From: "John Jones" <jijones@usjoneses.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2013 9:40:02 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Bulletin Damage

Anner Whitehead sends:

Greetings.

I received copies damaged to a greater or lesser degree from the time the wrap was removed -- without exception-- until I abandoned the print journal altogether, and renewed only as an AIS electronic member. I would probably have held two memberships had this not been so egregious a problem, but, while patient supportive of the traditional printed word, I have my limits.

Know, too, that this household subscribes to several magazines, some of similar dimensions to Irises, and with slick covers, and none consistently arrives battered.

It seems to me that if the Sections can somehow manage to send their journals with adequate protection, then so can the AIS.

In fact, I think that if you continue to solicit monetary dues on the promise that the member shall receive this organ, you have a duty to make a reasonable effort to get it to the membership in "merchantable" condition.

I think some of the ideas proposed here for addressing the problem are farcically over-elaborated and unlikely to effect amelioration of the situation in our lifetimes.

Incidentally, I'm enjoying my electronic membership. Read a fine article about CedricSir Morris the other day over breakfast. I'd wanted to read it for years. That Cedric, he was a real humdinger! Thanks for the Bulletin files!

Cordially,

Anner M. Whitehead