Re: Shrink wrap for IRISES

I agree. Dave N.

-----Original Message-----
From: AIS Membership Secretary <aismemsec@earthlink.net>
To: aisdiscuss <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Sun, Jun 2, 2013 6:55 pm
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Shrink wrap for IRISES

As the person who replaces the damaged issues I have a few points to make.

Normal replacement per issue is about 3 or 4 out of 3,200+ mailed.
I get anecdotal information from members that damage is greater than reported
to me. Which leads me to believe that another half dozen or so members are
"suffering in silence". So let's say there are 10 mangled issues per mailing.
Shown as a percentage that's 0.3125%.
It cost me $2.32 each to send a replacement issue x 10=$23.20. If it costs
more than that to shrinkwrap then we might want to tread carefully before
adding more cost to the bulletin.