Re: Photo Contest goes International - again!

Actually a single file (picture) can be "zipped". (sometimes it is called compressed or archived)

Depending on your version of Windows the following may be accurate or just close to what you see.

To compress a file or folder

	• Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.

	• Right-click the file or folder, point to Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

A new compressed folder is created. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.

John

On Jun 24, 2012, at 2:30 PM, Janet Smith wrote:

> "Zipped files" are typically several photos you want to batch
> together and send to someone.  One photo will not qualify as I
> understand it.
>
> I have hundreds of high resolution photos sent to me by simply
> attaching the photo to the e-mail sent.  Of course you have to fill
> out an photo contest entry form as well.  Send me the photo and I
> will let you know if it changed in size.
>
> Janet

John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorder
American Iris Society