Re: Motion to purchase new lap top for Electronic Services Chair

Cheryl, not sure why you're bringing up whether being a volunteer is a
choice or not. Not sure I understand your point.

In any case this issue moves forward and  to bring more information about
the issue of *proving equipment to key volunteers*, I'd like to provide my
experience on this.
Providing key volunteers with assistance is not unique to AIS.
I work for a non-profit and we provide equipment (including computers,
printers, walkie-talkies and cell phones) for key volunteers, on a
permanent basis.
Also, at my church we provide equipment to key volunteers too.
It's a way to being more responsible with finances, as a *full time employee
* would cost the organization much more than *a full time volunteer *does,
even after including the equipment cost.

Hope this helps.

Andi