Re: AIS Laptop for Electronic Services

Mostly to make sure the website is acting properly on both Mac and Windows platforms, to try and answer PC questions from AIS users (I get a lot), and if I travel, to stay in touch with AISDiscuss and manage any problems that come up on the website, all the AIS lists, irisregister and AISBoard.org, as well now in keeping in touch with my registrar duties. With the right software I can also remote log onto my home Registrar's system.

Thanks

John
On Jun 6, 2012, at 7:18 AM, Gerry Snyder wrote:

> On 6/5/2012 9:29 PM, John Jones wrote:
>>
>> In order to continue to do an effective job as Electronics Services Chair and provide the services we use at Board meetings, as well as being prepared for future evolution in electronic services I propose that AIS  purchase a new laptop system for use by the Electronic Services Chair....
>
> John,
>
> Just out of curiosity (since I don't have a vote, and can't imagine any answer that would change my vote from Yes if I did have one), what all do you use the laptop for between meetings?
>
> Gerry

John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorder
American Iris Society