AIS Laptop for Electronic Services

The laptop (my own personal property) I have been using for the last 6-7 years with the projector for our Board meetings and for checking and maintaining cross platform compatibility for the AIS  website failed at the last meeting (the video drive for the projector started failing). It has subsequently gone off its rocker...

In order to continue to do an effective job as Electronics Services Chair and provide the services we use at Board meetings, as well as being prepared for future evolution in electronic services I propose that AIS  purchase a new laptop system for use by the Electronic Services Chair. Therefore:

I move that The Electronic Services Chair be authorized to spend up to $1500.00 to purchase a new laptop system and software as the property of the AIS for use by the Electronic Services Chair. Said Funds to be allocated from the Electronic Services Restricted fund.

Thanks

John

John Jones
Director, American Iris Society