AIS: In Your Backyard

Hello again folks,

The editorial deadline for the October 2010 issue is August 15.

I’m soliciting your contributions for the new department called “In Your Backyard”.  This is a great opportunity for any of our AIS readers (and non-AIS readers too!) to contribute little pieces about “what’s goin’ on” in your garden.  What varieties grew well this season?  What turned out to be your favorite cultivar?  Did you grow a new species and have tremendous success?  Did a few must-haves become must-composts?  Tell us your garden news!  Consider this your invitation for the October issue and beyond!  The editorial staff and our readership want to hear from iris lovers all across the continent.

Here's the redux:

1)      Send to editor@irises.org your short (100-400 words) report about what's growing on in your neighborhood.

2)      Send along a photo of yourself or of your garden (must be publishable quality, 300 dpi resolution, and a JPEG or TIFF)

Editorially yours,

--Kelly

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Editor, Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

Read my blog at: http://www.kellydnorris.com

Check out my bookazine at:  http://www.digthismag.com