Re: Electronic Voting

Jody Nolin wrote:
Just one caution on using Ruby, if Chip isn't available in the future,
how many others can pick it up and carry on?  How maintainable is it?

Ruby (and Ruby on Rails in particular) is a very popular platform for Web interfacing, and especially with data base access.

Maintainability will not be a problem.

It looks like a good way to go to me, and definitely more cost-effective than eBallot would be.

I was going to look into doing it myself, but would have had little/no chance of having an iron-clad product ready for the 2010 balloting, and I would not want to force Ruth to do the counting manually for longer than needed.

So, I strongly support John's proposal.

Gerry Snyder