Re: Electronic Voting

Thanks for the follow-up, John.

I thought the presentation you and Ruth did was well done at the board
meeting.  My reservations at the time were for two issues:  1. the
cost  and 2. the complexity of the voting.
The eBallot seems to be over-kill on security for us.  I'm sure in the
world of proxy voting, it's just what's needed, but would be
cumbersome for our folks.

I would support our building our own tool.  Not only would we save the
annual license fee, but we could get something more suited to our
members computer ability.
Additionally, if we choose to go this route, I would be happy to help
with the requirements, usabilty, and alpha testing.  It's what I do
for a living.  I can help with the database design as well. (Oracle
dba experience)
I'm more used to C#, .net, but really the front end user interface is
what really counts.
Just one caution on using Ruby, if Chip isn't available in the future,
how many others can pick it up and carry on?  How maintainable is it?