Re: Excel spreadsheet for summer auctions

Jim, I'm glad it works for your region.
When I designed it (for myself) in Region 14, I and others used it for our auctions and keyed in items being sold as they were sold. There was no way we would have been prepared to key in the irises in advance. I'm a fast typist, and had no trouble, so it may just depend on the skills of the user and the auctioneers speed. One can abreviate iris names if needed. My only problem was that I was so busy, I rarely could make a bid on an iris myself!
Kitty

We've been using it for years now in Region 18 at many club and regional
auctions. It works great! The key thing is to have the irises to be auctioned
already entered in the database. If not, you can get hung up on entering the
name of the irises X number of rhizomes and it really slows down the
process. So as long as the "contributors" of irises let the computer guy/gal know
what they are contributing in advance it's a piece of cake.

Jim M.