Re: AIS Join Now Welcome

John asked the rhetorical question who it the
marketing person. As he well knows it is me. I think
this is Johns way of getting me going just as I have
been trying to promote some action on the Join button.
John is correct it has been three weeks since I took
over this post and I am late in getting my committee
organized. If anyone listening feels they would like
to be a part of this committee I am making this
invitation public to become a part. As I understand it
the job description for Public Relations is rather
wide open but has fulfilled these traditional roles;

*First to provide packets for new members, Ann
Violette has done a great job of this in the past and
I hope she will be able to continue in this capacity.
I will provide assistance as needed. Of course the
membership secretary is an intimate associate in this
process and now John will be important in the
technical end of the Join button.

*Second, to provide exposure for AIS at Flower shows
through use of the AIS display. The guardians of each
of the two screens are responsible for there use and
should be contacted for their use. The Public
relations chairman will negotiate to provide new
opportunities for their use and negotiate with the
display guardians for those opportunities.

*Third, the public relations committee works toward
placing articles into Journals, newspapers and various
media about Iris and the Iris society and in general
the advertising of the society.

A new aspect of the post involves creating a website
or portion of the AIS website that provides
information for the Garden Writers Association and
their members such that information and photos will be
available for articles to be created by the press
throughout the country. I know that John is aware of
my post because we already talked briefly at
convention about the technical support I would need to
fulfill this role and he agreed that there were
several options for which he could provide the
technical support. As part of this support team I need
Photographers, writers, and people understanding
websites. This is a massive effort to reinstate Iris
as a preferred garden plant. I am looking for
interested volunteers.  My philosophy of working with
committees is that all ideas are welcome and I will
celebrate the innovations that each member suggests
assuring they receive credit. The challenges ahead are
very exciting and I hope that anyone with a good idea
will feel free to come forward.