Re: PayPal

Greetings all,

I agree with Hal and his comments below.  The Sections
are vital to AIS and whatever we can do to boost the
membership and activity within the Sections can only
benefit AIS itself.  I, too, believe that AIS should
pay any costs incurred with PayPal.  If we find that
the costs are excessive (which, as Hal noted, probably
will not be the case), then we can re-visit the issue
at a later date.  In the meantime, I believe that most
of the Sections (and hopefully, most Regions) will
contribute financially to the insurance premium costs
of AIS.  To turn around and then charge the Sections
for PayPal costs, to me seems counterproductive at
best, especially when those costs will likely be very
small in relation to donations that will be received
from the Sections.  Paying these costs will strengthen
relations between AIS and the Sections, and will
benefit everyone, AIS included, in the long term.

And, I also agree with Rita and Bob.....Let's get
PayPal set up first for new members and renewals for
AIS, then add Sections as they request being added.

I very much appreciate the comments from Hal and
Clarence on this topic.  There is a great deal of
wisdom and experience in those comments.

Gary White