Re: PayPal Web Page Why hurry

On Jun 8, 2006, at 7:49 PM, Robt R Pries wrote:

 I checked with the SJI and in the little over a month
that the Paypal join button has been in use, 66% of
their membership is now from Paypal. They did not know
the figures but membership has increased
substantially. I would expect that if we can ever get
this in place our membership might well double in a
couple of years. Instead of crying about how bad
things are maybe we could be looking at a dynamic new
society. Maybe Insurance would no longer be an issue.
Maybe we wouldn't have to worry about the expenses for
the bulletin. A nursery informed me it took them two
hours to set up their Paypal. I am sure it is less
complicated than ours, but what are we waiting for.
Since you seem to have a short memory, I will repeat what I said before:

"Actually it takes several days to several weeks to set up the PayPal account depending whether you have online access to the bank account that is linked to to the PayPal account because you have to validate that several test deposits to the account.

Once you have the proper code snippets for your site it does not take long to set up a page if you have direct access to the website server. (Interestingly enough, you cannot use the PayPal Subscription buttons if you want members to be able to pay with something other than a PayPal account. You have to use a standard produce button. The first two times I called PayPal support about that issue they could not explain it to me)

It helps to have a full understanding of the context."

John | "There be dragons here"