Where Should We Be Discussing Topics Like CAPS?

Bob's ongoing reports on CAPS and initial concerns about limited response
make me wonder:  Is AISDiscuss the best place to have some of these
discussions?  I've only been on AISDiscuss for a year; so I'm not aware of
how and where some of the discussions take place.  It seems to be a good
place for AIS business and notices; however, dealing with issues such as
what can we learn from CAPS and what should we do are more problematic.
Maybe these different types of topics would benefit from a different
approach.

Bob posting the CAPS reports to this group is useful for at least two
reasons. First, it makes us aware of what is happening in these meetings
and what topics other groups consider important.  Second, it plants the
seeds for further discussions and eventually action.  The latter I would
expect to have a longer time frame and maybe require a different group.

I suspect the reports could benefit both from a smaller and from a larger
group being involved with them.  A smaller group might be better for
brainstorming how to apply some of the lessons learned from CAPS.  And a
larger group, maybe all our membership, should be aware of the topics and
our interest.  I think it's great that Sue Barnes has shared them with the
Region's Club presidents and Ron Killingsworth has been sharing with the
SLI president.

Do we have other venues that we should use or consider for this?

As an aid to our discussion and a possible venue, I've created a (Sandbox)
CAPS Resource page in the Iris Wiki.  It has some links to books and
authors Bob has mentioned as well as other info.  The only topic I have
steered away from, because of Bob's comments in his discussion, is
copyright.  It I believe is better handled in AISDiscuss or some other
limited venue because of the legal implications.  You are encouraged to
check the page out and edit it - it is on a wiki.  You can see the page at:

http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/Sandbox/CAPSResources

Regards,

Wayne Messer