Member Services - Formerly - July AIS Bulletin for Emembers

Bob,
    I appreciate your answers but I don't necessarily agree with them.  I
never
said that electronic services were cheap but a lot of people are
thinking it.
Some hard numbers to look at would be nice.  I'll share a few
more questions I
have received today.
	* If electronic services are so
expensive how are other organizations offering
them for free to their
members?

	* Do e-services cost the same if you have one e-member or 1000?
* How many e-members do we have?
	* Have the numbers grown substantially?
* What is our target number?
	* How many do we need to cover the cost of
e-services?

Janet,
    I think the feeling of being cheated comes from the
fact that once,
a regular member, was offered everything AIS had to offer.
That is no longer
true.  We are offering more and more things to our
e-members that we do not
offer to our regular members.  From what I have
heard and the emails I've
received, most folks feel that the e-services
should be included in the regular
membership price, a reward or bonus for
being a member of AIS, and that if all
you want is an e-membership, then you
could pay the $15.00 price.  The R & I's
were considered above and beyond
part of your membership package.    If you were
interested in them you could
buy the book, or get them electronically.  Now you
can go to the iris
encyclopedia and get the info and possibly a picture.  Heck,
you can surf the
internet and get that info for almost any iris for free, making
that part of
the deal much less appealing.  Which brings up a further gripe I've
heard and
that is that you can't get a price break for multiple year
subscriptions. We
used to offer longer term deals that made
the irisregister less expensive and
more appealing.

    Now we are adding even more items to the e-membership
that our regular
members can't get to without paying those pesky baggage
fees, I'm sorry, I meant
they can't get to them unless they pay an
additional membership fee and
apparently folks aren't happy about it.
Thanks,

Dana