Re: July AIS Bulletin for Emembers

On Jul 30, 2012 6:32 AM, "Maureen" <mmark@rogers.com> wrote:

> As I recall the board discussion on this item, it made sense at the time.

To some.

> Membership in the electronic register was paid separately from regular
membership. It was considered that electronic membership would be an
extension of that service.

> Now that I think of it and recall more of that discussion, it was
determined that electronic "membership" was a service and not another level
of membership. It was discussed that electronic services are available to
all members for a fee so that there is no discrimination between the
different types of membership.

I don't understand the above paragraph at all. Emembership is another kind
of membership, with benefits overlapping those of regular membership.

> This conclusion was reached as life members at that time also paid the
fee for the electronic register.

> The alternative, of course, is to increase membership fees and everyone
would have access to electronic services.

That, "of course," is not the only alternative. A discount could be
available to those wanting both kinds of membership. That is what other
organizations do.

I suspect the board got bored hearing me say in the meetings where this was
discussed that the current pricing structure would make folks feel they
were getting screwed.

Gerry

> Maureen
>
> On 2012-07-30, at 5:27 AM, cemahan@aol.com wrote:
>
> > As an honorary life member of AIS I would like to protest the Board's
action!
> > What logic could deny regular AIS members a service provided for email
> > members; Surely the by-laws do not permit such discrimination. Clarence
Mahan

AIS