From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Bulletin Archive
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Date: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 2:21 AM

Last year we embarked on a project, graciously funded by the AIS Foundation,
to collect copies of every AIS Bulletin available from the fires issue in 1920
through 2009, and
 have them scanned and rendered into text in searchable PDF
files.

That project, a dream of mine as Electronic Services Chair for as many years
as I was driving the development of the online iris registration database, is
now complete. At the Spring 2012 Board meeting the AIS Board directed that the
archive be made available to AIS Emembers.

Today I am proud to announce that the file of scanned bulletins is now
available via the Emembers page on the AIS website.

A copy of the archive has also been sent to the AIS Librarian for his use in
researching questions posed to him.

Please note that while the conversion to searchable text is good, there are
unavoidable mistakes in the character recognition process. The view you see on
the pdf page is the scanned picture and extremely readable. When you copy the
text you will see the errors resulting from the character recognition
problems.

I want to take this opportunity to
 again thank the AIS Foundation for funding
this project.
John Jones
Director, American Iris Society
Chair, Electronic Services Committee