Re: communications

Here is a checklist of reasons why people do not respond;
1.	They have nothing to report. Perhaps nothing is happening or they have not thought about the question. Embarrassing them by harassing them does no good. Perhaps they really wish deep down that they have something to offer but they have been butting heads against their own brick walls and need encouragement not judgement.
2.	They believe that if they respond they will be considered a malcontent and blackballed. Again they need encouragement and help to make this happen. They need someone to be listening not telling.
3.	They believe if they respond no one will listen anyway, so whatbs the point. They may have given thoughts in the past that were ignored or never answered. They are never included in the discussion or implementation.
4.	They are burned out. They may have been working for the Iris society for years and seeing limited results. No one has recognized their achievement, especially the powers that be. Why should they care any longer?
5.	They simply did not get the message. Their e-mail address has changed.
6.	They are so involved with Iris stuff they forgot to reply.
7.	They would not talk to the person asking if their life depended upon it.
Notice I have not thought of a single problem that is not incumbent on the sender more than the receiver. Apathy does not appear in this list. Indeed if there is something worth responding I believe the recipient would be delighted to share.