Re: communications

Apathy is not a word people want to hear too often, and in many cases it
may not apply. Also, when you work with volunteers it takes a lots of
energy to put together a program that motivates them to help. They are not
employees, so the key is to know *how to inspire them to help.* Please,
let's not do an article that is negative in nature, but rather one that
inspires volunteers to do their job.

I'm sure there many reasons why people don't react to the communication
tools we use, and perhaps a full exploration of that should take place
within this group before going all out to say that Apathy is loose within
our midst. Are each one of us, doing enough to inspire others to help? It
is the job of the overseers to make sure this is the case; from the
President all the way to the RVPs and club boards. Are we doing enough,
communicating enough, inspiring enough so others have no choice but feel
inclined to help?

My two cents.

Andi

--
*"**"We create the new not generally through some mad moment of inspiration
in fictionalized accounts of ancient Greeks in baths (though the conditions