Re: Re: AIS Finances -- Insurance Costs

Hi All
The words "optional and affordable" can have many different meanings to many different people.
They are highly subjective.
When Barbara enquired about the cost of the Portland club getting their own insurance - when this issue first came up - the best quote she could get in Portland was $750/year for one club. In my opinion, there is nothing "reasonable or affordable" about this option. For each of our AIS clubs in the USA to pursue this option would financially cripple the entire iris world as we know it.
The insurance we have is a bargain compared to this option.
Increasing the dues by $5.00 per member, for Portland purposes, still only generates about $400.00 in additional revenue. Not enough to cover the cost of independant club insurance. It is enough for the national policy.
Terry