Re: Facebook

Thanks for your introduction, Bob, and thanks everyone for having me. I
think I have met most of you.

I am helping Bob with all things social networking. I am happy to report
that AIS's Facebook has more than doubled in size in the last month. And,
now there's a AIS Twitter account (@TweetAIS). Do you tweet?

I encourange each one of you to sign to Facebook, if you are not already in
it. And if you have privacy concerns, don't forget that you can sign up with
any name you like. One of the members at the San Fernando Iris Society says
that her best friend on Facebook is "Hot Dog.," In any case, a recent report
I shared with Bob, says that most 17 - 19 year-olds don't even like to use
email because it's too slow. The same report says those 55 and  up use
mainly email. This strongly suggests a generational shift in the way people
communicate, according the report's analyst. So, what to do? Well, you don't
have give up email, but if you'd like to help AIS gain grown among a younger
audience, please, please, join us.

FYI, at the San Fernando Valley Iris Society I asked if people were
interested in learning about Facebook, and so yes, we're having a private
classs for about 12 members (mostly in their 70s and up) to learn how to
post pictures and use Facebook. Our SFVIS Facebook Page is moderetely used
by lots of the members already, and I can clearly see the trend towards new
membership from our Facebook actibities already ocurring.

Anyway, don't want to take too much of your time, it would be great to
encourage all areas and AIS Regions to start their own Facebook Page, and to
post in their website the AIS Facebook badge Bob was talking about in his
last email. You can take a look at this badge by going to the AIS
Encyclopedia's website, located at the bottom of the page:
http://wiki.irises.org/

Also, check:
http://www.facebook.com/theamericanirissociety

If you need help with Facebook or Twitter, please let me know.

Andi Rivarola
http://www.facebook.com/andi.rivarola
T = @andinsky