The World is watching

The world is watching. I was pleased and surprised to discover that for the
month of December the Iris Encyclopedia had an incredible 197,000 + pages
viewed. This is at the slowest time of the year for garden sites. This is also
ahead of the projections I had made and may indicate that if normal trends
persist we could easily see over a million page views this coming May. What
does this mean for AIS? First it should be helpful to those hybridizers that
get pictures of their introductions up on the Encyclopedia. If any need
assistance I am sure myself or one of the wiki contributors can help them.
Second it could mean added members, if the electronic membership is in place
by the end of April. Whatever, it is very exciting to know that more and more
people are becoming aware of the Iris Society. I hope we can get a great deal
more in place on the Encyclopedia this winter, so when this spring rush occurs
people will be impressed by the American Iris Society. But take note the world
is already watching.