Re: Geek Dinner

Thanks Michelle

John
On Jan 25, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Michelle Snyder wrote:

Jill,

I remember from last year we needed more than one person to collect the funs and keep track of what was bid so I will be happy to help Jill in that endeavor.

Michelle

Jill Bonino wrote:
John,

I'll run Kitty's program, collect the money and tally everything for you, Joanne and Michelle. I have smaller brooch findings that I will stitch for two maybe three iris pins for the auction...Not as expensive and not as long to stitch but they might bring in as much as one large pin.
It just won't be the same without you!

Jill
-----Original Message-----

From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
Sent: Jan 23, 2009 7:43 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org, Iris List <iris@hort.net>, iris- photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: Debbie Hughes <dhughes936@myvine.com>
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Geek Dinner

I am sorry to say that Joanne and I will not be able to manage the Geek dinner this year. I will be at the convention for only the business meeting.

I am hoping to find a team of folks that would be willing to manage the GD this year in our stead.

I can see dividing the work into the following tasks:

1 person to solicit auctionable items from members / hybridizers, collect goods and get them to the convention, and organize them in the room prior to the banquet Friday (2 hrs). Enter items into Excel spreadsheet for bidding. Organize pictures for projection to help sell the item - helpful but not mandatory.

1 registrar to receive reservations and money between now and the convention. this person would also make arrangements with hotel regarding the meal.

1 Auctioneer

2 people to keep track of the bidding and to collect money. (We have a computer program that Kitty Loberg created that works exceptionally well for this if you have a laptop)

2 people at the door to take tickets, hand out bidding paddles

2 runners to spot bidders and take item to winning bidder

If you are willing to take on one of these tasks, please email me at:

john@usjoneses.com