RE: Geek Dinner

Hi John,

I'll Be "Vanna" again and help any way I can.
Cheryl> CC: dhughes936@myvine.com> From: jijones@usjoneses.com> Subject:
[AISdiscuss] Geek Dinner> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:43:51 -0800> To:
aisdiscuss@aisboard.org; iris@hort.net; iris-photos@yahoogroups.com> > I am
sorry to say that Joanne and I will not be able to manage the > Geek dinner>
this year. I will be at the convention for only the business meeting.> > I am
hoping to find a team of folks that would be willing to manage > the GD this
year in our stead.> > I can see dividing the work into the following tasks:> >
1 person to solicit auctionable items from members / hybridizers, > collect
goods and get them to the convention, and organize them in > the room prior to
the banquet Friday (2 hrs). Enter items into Excel > spreadsheet for bidding.
Organize pictures for projection to help > sell the item - helpful but not
mandatory.> > 1 registrar to receive reservations and money between now and
the > convention. this person would also make arrangements with hotel >
regarding the meal.> > 1 Auctioneer> > 2 people to keep track of the bidding
and to collect money. (We have > a computer program that Kitty Loberg created
that works exceptionally > well for this if you have a laptop)> > 2 people at
the door to take tickets, hand out bidding paddles> > 2 runners to spot
bidders and take item to winning bidder> > > If you are willing to take on one
of these tasks, please email me at:> > john@usjoneses.com> >
sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary>
<aissecretary@irises.org>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:>
Hotmail. goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT
_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208