Re: Geek Dinner

John,

I would be glad to handle the registrations and work with the hotel in
making arrangements for the meal.

Paul

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:43:51 -0800 John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
writes:
> I am sorry to say that Joanne and I will not be able to manage  the
> Geek dinner
> this year. I will be at the convention for only the business
> meeting.
>
> I am hoping to find a team of folks that would be willing to manage
>
> the GD this year in our stead.
>
> I can see dividing the work into the following tasks:
>
> 1 person to solicit auctionable items from members / hybridizers,
> collect goods and get them to the convention, and organize them in
> the room prior to the banquet Friday (2 hrs). Enter items into Excel
>
> spreadsheet for bidding. Organize pictures for projection to help
> sell the item - helpful but not mandatory.
>
> 1 registrar to receive reservations and money between now and the
> convention. this person would also make arrangements with hotel
> regarding the meal.
>
> 1 Auctioneer
>
> 2 people to keep track of the bidding and to collect money. (We have
>
> a computer program that Kitty Loberg created that works
> exceptionally
> well for this if you have a laptop)
>
> 2 people at the door to take tickets, hand out bidding paddles
>
> 2 runners to spot bidders and take item to winning bidder
>

> If you are willing to take on one of these tasks, please email me
> at:
>
> john@usjoneses.com

Click now to find great vacation deals to beautiful Canada!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2BMCioPFc4gxEJrNJOP55twQq6dr1RqQ5hv5UNcVd7ESXTD/