Advertising

Recently I was searching for sources of plants to fill my new garden. I poured
through the ad sections of old garden magazines. It dawned on me that I
didnbt value these journals just for the articles but also for the products
they could lead me to.

It occurred to me that people coming to the AIS website might also be
searching for plants, gifts, books, etc. dealing with Iris. Our website might
be more valuable to them and to us if we had selected advertisements down one
side just many other sites but only ads for Iris related things. It might
bring in a small amount of money to fund the site and also make it more
interesting to the visitor.

I assume that with the website redesign underway this idea should be
incorporated into that plan. I am throwing this out for the brainstorming of
the group. Please talk about merits and concerns. But if you just say no, I
would assume that is an unconsidered response.