Re: Bulletin Discussion, Again

I would like to add my two cents to the discussion of the Bulletin and the
editor's position. For the most part, I agree with comments that Anner and Will
 contributed to the discussion. I have no idea what a "Managing Editor" does
vis-a-vis the "Editor". There is no "Managing Editor" mentioned in the
Bulletin,  is there? Every editor has his/her own style. Too much formalization can
be a  detriment to quality as can too many "bosses."  The best editors are
innovators and creators.

Two of our finest editors of past years were Keith Keppel and Phil Edinger.
I think their input and ideas would be useful.

As for the formal Advisory Committee, it may be that its day came  and
passed. The Bulletin is the single most important product of the AIS.  Bureaucracy
is often the enemy of quality. I apologize for being terse, but  I am
recovering from surgery and must limit my time on the computer. I am doing  fine, so no
need to send get well messages. Warm wishes to all,  Clarence