[Fwd: Re: 2017 calenders]

I am re-sending this as it appears it did not go through as no one has
responded to it.

Calendar Editor, Janet Smith

Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] 2017 calenders
From:    "George and Janet Smith" <ypauls@sti.net>
Date:    Thu, February 18, 2016 8:22 am
To:      aisdiscuss@aisboard.org

As editor of the AIS Calendar let me help you remember some things that
seem to have been forgotten here:

1. Remember when ? the calendar was not released until November (two
months before calendar date)!
2. Remember the year it was springtime of the printed calendar before we
got them?
3. Remember John Ludi was reporting affiliates were screaming at him the
calendar was WAY TO LATE?
4. Remember when AIS use to pay over $1,000 for layout of the calendar?
5. Remember I volunteer to do the layout to save you money.
6. Layout, which means I must find appropriate photos that meet the
requirements of the printer (high resolution, 300 dpi, CMYK conversion,
fits the page, in focus, never been used before, dates on the months
changed to appropriate year, marking the holidays, proofreading, having a
friend proofread. Approval from John Ludi it meets his requirements.  Just
to give you an idea of my time involved.
7. Time frame ? 2-3 weeks of my time.
8. Once this is done and approved it is sent to the printer?s ? printed in
about 3 weeks depending on their schedule for it to reach Storefront.
9. Remember when fundraisers, shows begin for our Affiliates????  MARCH,
APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY! ! ! !
10. Remember when the calendar was done by me in November (my quiet time)
and was changed to March so the Treasurer would be happy????
11. REMEMBER, I am also Photo Contest Chair?????   May to July!!!!!
12. Remember Bob Pries ? I have a lot to do before the May to July
receiving of over 400 photos and though I appreciate your wanting to WAIT
and have MORE TIME ? I don?t have that luxury ? I am up against something
that is a hard deadline!

We still have to get the calendar to the Storefront, get the word out to
prospective buyers, and get them shipped to those that want to use it in
their shows and fundraisers.

We should really have the calendar in the storefront now.

We are not far away from March.

We are not months away from revenue.

If we had the calendar now we could have revenue now.

I think there are already 2017 calendars available for wild life or other
things.

So don't delay, decide now, why not follow John Jones suggestion about the
budget.
I need an answer because MARCH is 11 days away and the calendar will be
late as it is!

Janet Smith
Editor, Chair, Coordinator, Volunteer, of the Calendar