Re: 2017 calenders

I,  too,  think having the calendar earlier in the year is a huge benefit.   I bet having it available for the spring convention would ever generate more sales.

Michelle

Sent using CloudMagic Email
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:56 AM, John Jones <100h@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:

No one is rushing anything. It is a simple motion and our process is designed so that we can have an adequate discussion.
I think John Ludi answered Dorothy's question.

In the past we have all too often gotten the calendar far too late in the season.
It would be a great advantage tol have the calendar available for the spring shows when we get a lot of exposure to the public. What a great way to interest visitors to the show venues in malls and other public places in our beautiful flower.

The tabling function is meant to relieve the requirement to vote when we don't have enough information to move forward, not as a means to quash a discussion.

John Jones
Director

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Pries <101p@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 06:14:20 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [AISdiscuss] 2017 calenders

Why do we appear to be rushing this issue through? I think Dwayne made a valid point that the calenders will not be needed until months from now and Dorothy's questions seem like VERY pertinent points that should be answered before any motion would be made. I am not against calenders but there are lots of other issues that could be profitably discussed and that we should be proactive about. I would like to see this issue tabled until the information requested be provided and the timing is closer to the need. Therefore I move we table the motion.

--

Bob Pries
Zone 7a