Re: Irises Magazine January 2016

Howie,

I'm sorry to confirm that you are correct.  Pages 26-28 of the winter 2016 Bulletin IRISES have the wrong year's winners.  The guest editor thought it came from me but I checked all my email transmissions of Exhibition reports and they are all what the Exhibition Committee reported.  We had a total of six people proof read those pages and we all missed it.  All were checking nitty gritty details.

The bottom line is that we do not know how the wrong year's data was used nor where it might have come from.  Big mystery.  We will run the correct 2015 Exhibition Certificate winners as an insert in the Spring 2016 issue.  All the other show sections were correct.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Anyone else want to volunteer to proofread?  It's not easy.  We spelled Kasperek's name wrong on the cover page photo caption.  And it has been a continuing challenge to everyone to get Jody Nolin's name correct.

Jim Morris
Immediate Past President
American Iris Society