____________________________________
 From: MORRISJE1@aol.com
To: cindy@riverstonequarry.com
CC:  nyla_h@att.net, kludi@juno.com
Sent: 2/10/2012 6:41:11 P.M. Central  Standard Time
Subj: MIS Checklists

Cindy,

We do not have a 1970 MIS Checklist (?).  We have the 1972  version and it
does not have 75 different aphyllas, only five that I can  find:

'Aphylla Hungary' (Randolph 1961)
'Aphylla Wine-Red' (Warburton for Van Ness 1970) distributed earlier as  I.
aphylla dark violet.
'Dacia' (Hanselmayer 1958) formerly labeled as I. aphylla  Taochia.
'Thisbe' (Dykes 1923)
'Prodan' (Hanselmayer 1958) tall form (IB) of I. aphylla.
There is reference to I. aphylla albescens in the cross for  'Najade' ; I.
aphylla hungarica in cross for 'Spun  Honey'; I. aphylla dark violet
('Aphylla Wine-Red') in cross for  'Whisperylla'; and, I. aphylla for 'Glycilla'
(Van Ness 1960).

MIS Checklists were published in 1966, 1972, 1992 (through 1990), 2004
(through 2002), and 2007 (through 2006).

Keppel may be referring to Warburton-Gantz, The  Eupogon Iris Species in
Cultivation, MIS Press, Westborough,  Massachusetts, 1970, Library of Congress
Catalog Card Number:   70-123003.  The SIGNA Checklist most certainly
should also list these  I. aphylla clones.  I don't know why they are not listed
there.

Hope this helps.

Jim M.