Re: MIS Checklists & Warburton/Gantz 1970 Eupogon Iris Species Publication

Hi Jim,

If I understand what you are referring to, the Registrar does not register species iris. The designation of species plants is done by others. The Check Lists are a compilation of the annual R&Is (corrected as appropriate). Aside from their usefulness, the R&Is are published to meet the requirements set by the ISHS and the ICNCP. At 796 pages the 2009 Check List is big enough. There are other  publications available listing iris species e.g., 'A Guide to Species Irises Their Identification and Cultivation' Cambridge University Press. Edited by the Species Group of the British Iris Society.

John

John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorder
American Iris Society