Re: Scanner for the AIS Library

I fully agree that the library should have these capabilities. I am not sure the source of funds should come out of the AIS library restricted funds or a small grant applied to from the Hager trust administrated by the Foundation. I am not sure the library owns photoshop or even a computer. I think we should discover what is really needed and make sure that we are getting everything necessary to do what we hope to have the library do.

----- Original Message -----
From: "James P. Reilly" <jpreilly@zianet.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:17:19 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Scanner for the AIS Library

Rarely do I reply to comments, but the time has come.

I give seminars around the country.  For my PowerPoint presentations I
scan documents, etc.  I have a combination printer/scanner, but in my
opinion it's not worth using as a scanner.

Last year I purchased an new HP dedicated scanner, and if you have to
scan many documents that's the way to go.  I bit the bullet  and bought
a $215.00 scanner.  I scan into Adobe Photoshop and create JPG files.  I
have had cheaper scanners in the past, but you get what you pay for.

The printer/scanner is OK for one or two documents, but forget it if you
have more than that.

Jim Reilly
RVP, Region 23