RE: The Bulletin

I wish to add my congratulations to all who worked on the new Bulletin - it is fabulous!  I saw Jill's copy Thursday morning and was feeling a bit miffed that I hadn't gotten mine yet....well it arrived in Thursday's mail and now I am a happy Irisarian!  Thanks to Terry, Kelly and Erica for the beautiful job.
Cheryl

From: terry@flowerfantasy.net
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] The Bulletin
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:09:36 -0800

Incredible!!!???

These bulletins only went to the post office late last Thursday.???? Advance copies went to certain officers, priority mail, on Friday.

John Jones would not normally have gotten an “advanced copy” except I was going to send him a DVD of the January Bulletin and throw in a copy of the magazine while I was at it. Thanks to a speed error on my part, the DVD is still here. John, you will get the DVD if I have to hand carry it!

Bulletins arrived in Washington and Oregon on Tuesday? (considering that Monday was a mail holiday?) BULK MAIL???

This was the first time that we have tried “integrated publishing and mail service” from one source. (Bridgetown)

As near as I can tell, it saved us a week of production time. (this fact will get lost because of the late arrival of this issue)

One problem that I have that wont go away is the board motion to extract certain material from each bulletin to be printed (once per year) on cheap paper.

It just does not work. There is no cost savings and the material removed will be obsolete by the time it is printed.

What I have done – so far – is to change paper weights on the black and white signatures (3/4 of the bulletin) from 80# paper to 70#. The color signature is still 80#.

That will save us $1000 for the year and nobody but you guys will know the difference.(Postage saving is an intangible)

The whole team did do an incredible job.

We will continue to refine the product as we move on. There is a learning curve to this stuff.

Terry

Off to Seattle for the day.