From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org] On Behalf Of MORRISJE1@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:39 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Calendar

All,

For those of you who have purchased our AIS 2010 Calendar you know how beautiful it is.  But from a marketing and sales view we have missed the boat.  Our listing on the AIS Storefront of the AIS web site is mundane:

2010 Iris Calendar:
$7.00 each domestic/$10.00 each international, or package of 10 for $50.00 domestic/$60.00 international. All postpaid. (available September/October 2009)

Contrast our listing with that of www.healingtimebooks.com/calendar.html.  This listing of new irisarian Katharina Notarianne's catalog ($10) is an example of good marketing.  This 14-month calendar of TB pictures taken in her San Diego garden is quite good.  The pictures aren't any better than ours and not as diverse, just the presentation to the marketplace.

I would suggest to you that we should make a similar effort in 2011.  We need to think bigger to increase our revenue stream.

Jim M.