From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of K. Loberg
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:17 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] AIS Website

John, I think I tried to answer before, but I'll just offer my comments a
little different, if they will help.

"What do you think the main audience for the website is?

      A.I.S. is a business.  We're just a non-profit business, but we're
still selling our product.  Our product is promoting the interest in, and
culture of irises.   We don't use the word "advertising irises", but that's
what we do.

"Why do you think they come to our website?

        People come to the site looking for information, all sorts of
information.   Old visitors probably have something in mind, like they are
looking up information they know is on the website.   New visitors may come
to the site because they like the pretty flower or are seeking answers on
culture, or maybe they want to find a club.  I think in some near future, we

should have a large database of variety photos so that people can just look
up what a specific variety looks like.   American Hermerocallis Society has
positioned themselves to do so, at http://www.daylilydatabase.org (this is a

subsidiary link off their http://www.daylilies.org/ main site).

"What action do you want people to take when they first come to our
 website."

    To have an easy index to migrate through.  To also have a site map.
We'd like visitors to WANT check it out further.  To have "carrots" that
encourage visitors to enjoy the website and look further.