Re: Re: Inquiry

When i recieved your post I tried to contact Gary
White chair of the science committee. I also tried to
contact Mr. Stritch by phone. As PR chair and as a
member of the science committee it would seem to me of
some value to have interactions with the Forest
Service. Many native Irises live on public land. AIS
has an interest in the risk assessment of these
populations. Our memebers in the PCNS, SIGNA, and LA
sections/societies could very well be of assistance to
the forest service in identifying and monitering
native populations. The Forest Service is obviously
interested in demonstrating to the general public the
beauty of wild plants amd that they may be appreciated
by specialty groups such as AIS. It seems to me that
bothe the Forest Service and AIS could have ongoing
relationships that could be beneficial to both. I had
hoped to explore this further but until i was actually
able to make contact I did not want to post anything.
But I did obviously read your message and will keep
everyone informed if something develops. I am very
glad you posted this communication. As public
relations chair I will try to continue outreach to
many sectors of the plant world -Bob