Re: Feb. PresMes

     Regarding affiliate insurance, I think I remember hearing that the
affiliates were given a survey when the membership survey was done last
year, and I tried to find online where I had seen results of the survey, but
couldn't find it quickly this morning.  I was wondering if affiliates had
been asked about insurance and sharing of costs.    It just seems to me that
no affiliate would think they deserve to be covered by insurance at no cost.
My local club has paid the garden club for insurance previous to the AIS
coverage, as we recognize the importance of insurance.   Seems like we paid
$100 to $150.   Knowing our clubs finances, I suspect $250 - $400 might be
too high for our club to cover, as our club has had three years running of
significant budget shortfalls.   However, I honestly believe there must be
some sort of sliding scale for an affiliate insurance rate that would be
acceptable to a number of affiliates.

Kitty Loberg

Redwood Valley, Calif.
AIS Region 14