From: Neil Houghton, AIS Images <images@irises.org>
To: aistalk <aistalk@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Neil Houghton <images@irises.org>
Sent: Wed, Aug 19, 2020 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Motion to Change requirement to submit image to DATE OF INTRODUCTION

I have not responded here for two reasons.  I have been crazy busy with a sale and dealing with my own garden while the weather is good.   This discussion is great and will feed a productive  and hopefully efficient discussion on Aug 26.

The point about qualifying for awards is covered in the explanation:

Introduction is required for to qualify an iris for entry in the AIS awards system. Without an image, an iris will not be considered for AIS awards in the USA and Canada

Is the suggestion to move it into the main resolution?  Certainly that is an option.

The fillable PDF is something not necessarily related to the requirement, except that adding a place to note the requirement.  John’s point that a fillable PDF is available is helpful.  I wonder if the suggestion is asking for more:  Fillable and submittable online.  In which case an attachment of images could be made at the same spot.

I look forward to addressing concern as a part of the discussion in the meeting.

Regards, Neil

Neil Houghton, AIS Images
3873 Rush Mendon Road
Mendon, NY 14506