Re: Website Redesign

In a message dated 8/24/2008 1:49:14 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

4. The  most common thread I have seen from all the responses on the
website  redesign has been how much people liked the daylilly home
page which  displays a different picture (from a fixed library) every
time you reload  the webpage. I intend to do something similar but
without using so much of  the page space so that we can have more
graphic and informative choices  instead of, for instance, the long
list of hard to read links that appear  on the daylily page.

Lastly, I have been tasked by the Board to manage  and implement a
website redesign. I will continue to elicit comments and  present
ideas/samples but, final decisions rest with me, not with a  committee
unless you want a camel instead of a horse. If this is not  the
perspective of the Board, please let me know now and I will  gladly
hand the project off to someone  else.

John

John,

Some times two or more heads are better than one.  I like a lot about  our
website and the daylily one as well, but neither is as good as they can  be.  I
think the American Daffodil Society one is better than both and the  Hosta
Society isn't bad either.

Among the things that exasperate me about our AIS website are the placement
of some things and the difficulty of finding certain things.  Examples
follow.

On the first page under News-Announcements regarding the Austin, Texas AIS
2008 Convention, if you click on Conventions/Activities the first thing you see
 is a picture of the 2006 Convention in Oregon!  No where  on that page is
there anything about the AIS 2008 Convention.

Next, I tried to find the Youth site.  Since there is no header for  Youth
the obvious place to me (maybe somewhere else is obvious to someone else)  would
be under Iris Links.  Alas, it isn't there, nor under AIS Overview,  nor AIS
Membership Information, nor Iris Information.  By this time I gave  up and I
don't know where the devil it might be (I assume we have  one?).

As one member of the Board I don't think it would hurt a thing to have more
Board input to drive the design rather than the other way around.

Jim M.

deal here.