From: "Bob Hollingworth" <cyberiris@cablespeed.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org, "AISdiscuss" <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:15:05 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Website design/ais foundation

Bob -- from the Foundation's viewpoint it would be helpful and
appropriate to have some mention on the AIS website. At the least a
link to our website would be appreciated. In particular it is often
confusing for newcomers to discover that both AIS and the Foundation
fund research on irises independently. We have done a much better job
of coordinating that recently, but it still seems that we could
develop a joint application and funding system that would help
eliminate confusion entirely. The planning and operation of the
memorial library activity based on the DuBose funding is another area
where coordinated communication and action is obviously necessary. We
need to start addressing that soon. Thanks for thinking of us! Bob Hollingworth

At 01:51 PM 8/19/2008, Robert Pries wrote:
>As far as I know there is no part of the AIS website that talks
>about the AIS foundation. Since the foundation has been working
>closely with AIS to fund certain science projects and develop the
>AIS Iris library I would suggest that we work with the foundation to
>give them a presence on the AIS website. This is only one of many
>suggestions I could make. The AIS website is or will be our major
>face to the world in the future and as PR chair I feel it essential
>to have input on how the society is presented. Bob Pries

>To sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary
><aissecretary@irises.org>
>The archives for AISDiscuss are at:
>http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name of The Iris Society in the next generation.doc]