Re: AIS- Scientific Grant Proposals

If AIS Board action or inaction fails to support the Meerow reseach on Florida Hexagonae irises it would be a travesty of the stated purpose of our society. I cannot overstate the importanace of this scientific work on native American irises...indeed, it has the potential to revolutionize the taxonomic relationships and designations?of these irises. Surely we can be more innovative, creative and positive. Clarence Mahan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad <zebrairis1@aol.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 3:29 pm
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] AIS- Scientific Grant Proposals

Excellent rebuttal Gary, but nothing in it changes my views on the
requirements of committing General Funds. Plus I'm sorry if I offended you
about submitting the initial motion because I never intended to imply there
was anything wrong with you and Bob submitting and seconding your motion.
There isn't!

However, since you clearly believe my comments are too harsh, I will defend
myself by mentioning that I advised your committee approximately 24 hours
prior to the submission of your motion that budget approval was required
before your committee should ask to fund both proposals with General funds
(anyone know why the font size changed and shrunk when I cut and paste)

Once again I appeal to the President, treasurer, and past-president or legal
council to let me know if I'm wrong about this.  My personal ego rests with
standing up for what I believe is right and is NOT damaged by having to
apologize for making a fool of myself.

Please keep the "fan" mail coming,
Brad Kasperek