Re: Re: JT Handbook Revisions

Barbara Aitken wrote:

Retired master judges are permitted to judge at shows, on a team with
other accredited judges - either accredited garden judges or active
master judges. They are NOT permitted to give garden judges training,
classroom training or tutoring - for the very reason stated. They are no
longer actively taking judges training, and possibly not seeing much in
the way of irises in the garden....

And so, when I was an apprentice, I could not get spuria garden tutoring
from Eleanor McCown, who was still an active hybridizer, but a
Retired Master judge.

I guess, though, you can not bend or break the rules for the exceptions.

Gerry

PS  I got my spuria training from Judy Mogil, and it was excellent,
but I still wish I could have gotten it from Eleanor.