Re: JT Handbook Revisions

In a message dated 4/13/2006 7:41:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
PlankMail@aol.com writes:

Greetings to all:
To start the examination of  revisions to the AIS Judges Training
Handbook
Now you are talking about something I have a real interest in.

.
These specific items for discussion have  been selected and suggested to
me by Roy Epperson (JT Handbook Chair, for  those who do not know). Both Roy
and I urge you to express your views,  opinions, observations -- please
participate!

FYI: Thirteen  individuals offered any comment at all on the AISDiscuss topic
of  "electronic membership" which was posted very recently -- 13 people out
of
a group of AIS leaders numbering well over 60 individuals who  receive
AISDiscuss.
I read all the imput with great interest.  It was a very good  discussion.  I
didn't feel I had anything to add.

AIS  HANDBOOK FOR JUDGES   AND SHOW OFFICIALS
Section A -- Judges & Judges Training   (Begin page 1)
>  Item 1.    A clarification of the terms used to designate AIS  judges.
>       At the present time, the  Handbook refers to student judge, apprentice
judge, fully accredited judge,  garden judge, active master and retired master
judges, and emeritus  judges.   Of particular need is an unambiguous
designation
for  the accredited judge that we now call "Garden (G)" which implies that
this  judge is not qualified to judge accredited exhibitions.   For
consideration:
"Student Judge (SJ), Apprentice Judge (AJ), Active  Accredited (AA), Active
Master (AM), Retired Master (RM), Emeritus Judge  (EJ).

I could live with Active Accredited Judge but think I would prefer Garden
Judge and Show Judge.  I also don't like Retired Master Judge.  You  are either
a judge or not a judge in my opinion, so if you don't want to keep up  your
accreditation and training then drop out.

Jim M.