Re: E-memberships-JT

I agree with Jim and Judy that Judges training in
person is best. But I also think there could be a
place for on-line training. Perhaps if this were
offered there would be a greater exposure to some
knowledge that could make everyone a better judge. I
would favor that only a percentage of totally training
could be online. And although I certainly wouldnt
expect online training to be required for any judge,
since only 60% of our members have internet access, it
certainly might increase the total training that many
judges are able to receive, and might give us better
judges overall. I suspect that it would be very
difficult to put together online training courses,
since approving the Judges Handbook itself is not
easy. Any course offered would have to pass the boards
review and would and should be held to a high
standard. But there is enormous potential here for
expanding Judging, shows, and interest in more remote
parts of our country. Suspect that developing even
only an hour course could take more than a years
effort. I see this as a potential supplement to a
judges education not as a replacement for personal
interaction. As with many ideas the key to achieving
this will be finding the personnel to work